Education Support 7374
|Program Name||Education Support|
|Description||Centennial College is proud to now be offering an online Education Support Diploma Program, which is provincially-recognized training through the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) and is approved curriculum. This intensive program offers the attitudes, knowledge and skills required to work effectively in the area of Education Support primarily with children and youth with exceptionalities. This prepares graduates to work as non-teaching team members with teachers and other professionals meeting students with varied needs.|
|Admission||1. Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading including Grade 12 English general (70%) or advanced, C or U;
2. Prior elementary and/or secondary school classroom experience (volunteer or paid). Please provide letters of reference from teachers/principles, on school letterhead with number of hours;
3. Current First Aid certificate and current CPR Level C is required prior to registering for the Orientation and Practicum courses and will be the responsibility of the student to obtain and submit to the college;
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills. English Assessment to be arranged at Centennial at 416-289-5300 or go to centennialcollege.ca/assessment;
5. Satisfactory Math skills. A formal written Math Skills test to be arranged at Centennial. Please contact 416-289-5300 or go to centennialcollege.ca/assessment to book your math assessment. This must be completed prior to registering for your first course;
6. Excellent interpersonal skills;
7. Basic computer skills (e.g. word processing, data management, internet) or an introductory computer course;
8. A Criminal Record Check is required prior to registering for the Orientation and Practicum courses and will be the responsibility of the student and submit to the Distance Learning Continuing Education office at Centennial College.
|Notes||The application and all required documents must be completed and returned to the college for approval prior to registering for your first course. To obtain an information package that includes the Education Support Program Application, please e-mail email@example.com.
Note: COMM160/COMM170 or the equivalent is required to complete this program and is only offered in-class.
|Contact Telephone||416-289-5000 EXT: 2555|