Medical Device Reprocessing (formerly Sterile Supply) 7920
|Program Name||Medical Device Reprocessing (formerly Sterile Supply)|
|Description||This certificate program prepares individuals to work in Central Service departments in hospitals and clinics. You will learn the theory and principles of microbiology, infection control, instrument preparation, packaging and sterilization. You are expected to be able to routinely lift heavy items. Applicants may not register online. All potential students MUST download the Information/Application package, submit the application and receive an Offer to Register from the program supervisor before being eligible to register in the program.
PLEASE NOTE: THE 2021/2022 APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
The cost for the program is approximately $2500.00. The length of the program is approximately 9-10 months.
There are 3 intakes for this program:
September - Monday and Wednesday evenings (6:30-9:30 pm)
November - Saturdays (8:30 am-3:30 pm)
January - Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6:30-9:30 pm)
All courses are held at Morningside campus with the exception of MDRP-115 which is a clinical placement held in a hospital or clinical setting for 3 weeks (full time)
In order to meet the English requirement for the program you must submit either:
1. An Ontario Secondary School Diploma AND English Grade 12 College or University preparation course with minimum 70% final marks Or
2. Be over 19 years of age and write the admission English test. English assessment level must be 170/171 for the Medical Device Reprocessing Program. Or
3. a Centennial College Transcript showing a minimum English achievement of COMM160/161 with a grade of B or better
NO documents from outside Ontario will be accepted. Call 416-289-5300, press 4, to book an English assessment.
Where there are more qualified applicants than there are spaces in the program, students will be chosen based on their documented proficiency in English
1. Clinical placement requirements will be sent to you at the start of your course.
2. All clinical placement requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in MDRP-114. Clinical placement will take place Monday to Friday for three consecutive weeks for a total of 120 hours.
3. Applicants opting to write the admission test must call the Enrollment Services Office at 416-289-5300 to receive a student number in order to book the assessment test online. Please use the link given below to book the assessment test after you have received your Centennial College Student ID Number:
|Contact Telephone||416-289-5000 ext 3357|