Medical Device Reprocessing 7920
|Program Name||Medical Device Reprocessing|
|Description||This certificate program prepares individuals to work in Medical Device Reprocessing Departments in hospitals and clinics. You will learn the theory and principles of microbiology, infection control, surgical instrument preparation, packaging, and various sterilization and disinfection methods. You are expected to be able to routinely lift heavy items, stand for long periods, understand written and oral instructions, and practice health and safety protocols. Applicants may not register online. All potential students MUST download the Information/Application package, submit the application and receive an Offer to Register from the program supervisor before being eligible to register in the program.
PLEASE NOTE: THE 2022/2023 APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN.
Program Booklet: https://centennialcollege.widen.net/s/cnlz8qjpv2/medical-device-reprocessing-program
Please send completed application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost for the program is approximately $2500.00. The length of the program is approximately 9-10 months.
There are 3 intakes for this program:
September - Monday and Wednesday evenings (6:30-9:30 pm). Students can expect to complete the program in late July.
November - Saturdays (8:30 am-3:30 pm). Students can expect to complete the program in late August.
January - Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6:30-9:30 pm). Students can expect to complete the program in late October.
Courses are usually held at the Morningside campus with the exception of some classes that are conducted online and MDRP-115 which is a clinical placement held in a hospital or clinical setting for 3 weeks (full time)
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
2. English Grade 12 C or U (minimum 70%), or equivalent or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 170 or 171 is required for admission) or a Centennial College Transcript showing a minimum English achievement of COMM160/161 with a grade of C or better.
1. English Language Proficiency
NO documents from outside Ontario will be accepted. Call 416-289-5300, press 4, to book an English assessment.
1. Clinical placement requirements will be sent to you at the start of your course. The requirements include: N95 Mask Fitting; Standard First Aid; Level C CPR; Updated Vaccination including, influenza and COVID 19; Vulnerable Person Police Check.
2. All clinical placement requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in MDRP-114. Clinical placement will take place Monday to Friday for three consecutive weeks for a total of 120 hours.
3. Applicants opting to write the admission test must call the Enrollment Services Office at 416-289-5300 to receive a student number in order to book the assessment test online. Please use the link given below to book the assessment test after you have received your Centennial College Student ID Number:
|Contact Telephone||416-289-5000 ext 3357|