Financial Planning 7053
|Important update regarding this program.
The Winter 2024 semester will be the last opportunity for new students to begin this program. Effective Summer 2024 semester students will no longer be accepted into the program.
Current students who are already enrolled in, or have taken, one or more courses in this program will be able to complete their certificate. Individual courses within the program will be available for registration during the program phase out period.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on completing this program so that we can assist with program completion plans.
A professional financial planner helps clients identify financial needs and objectives, and uses this information to develop a personalized program of savings and investments to help clients realize their goals.
Centennial College in partnership with CIFP, offers a Certificate in Financial Planning. The Canadian Institute of Financial Planners is a non-profit association of Canadian Certified Financial Planner Professionals. The association is an independent, effective and powerful advocate for the CFP certification marks and the financial planning profession in Canada. Our program is specifically for individuals who wish to become qualified professional financial planners, as well as those who simply want a better understanding of the complex financial world around them.
Career opportunities may include but are not limited to, financial planner, mutual fund representative, bank or trust company officer, discount brokerage investment representative, bank or trust company officer. Centennial College students will receive instructions on how to register and log on with CIFP to purchase the reference materials. Students are required to complete four courses.
At the end of each course, students will write an online final exam for the course.
Upon completion of all four courses, students who want to become a Certified Financial Planner will:
1. *Participate in an online program review with CIFP
2. *Write FPE 1 certificate exam with FPSC
* Student may contact CIFP for additional information by calling 1-866-635-5526
|1. Students must successfully pass each course in the program, and maintain an overall average of 60% (GPA of 2.0) to graduate
2. Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older)
3. Students have a maximum of 5 years to complete this program
4. This program is not currently eligible to receive OSAP funding. To learn more about what other funding opportunities may be available, please visit https://www.centennialcollege.ca/financial-aid
5. If you are planning on transferring credit from another College, please note that a minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Centennial College to earn the credential. For information on transferring credit, please visit https://www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/pathways-and-partnerships/pathways-to-credit/transfer-credit
|416-289-5000 Ext: 52555
|Risk Management And Estate Planning
|Strategic Investment Planning
|Income Tax Planning